If you need a delicious dinner recipe for your family, look no further than this delicious gnocchi with zucchini, spinach and parmesan pesto! With simple ingredients that you can find in your pantry and fridge, or easy to find at your local supermarket, this quick and easy pesto might be your new family favourite.
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- 500g Gnocchi (my pick: Aldi World Kitchen)
- Half cup of baby spinach
- Half cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 100g of pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Half an onion
- Salt and pepper
- Roast pine nuts in the oven until lightly browned (be careful not to burn them) for about 5-10 minutes
- Slice your zucchini and chop into small pieces and finely dice your onion
- Whilst making the pesto, boil a large pot of filtered water, slightly salted and add your gnocchi to the boiling water, stirring occasionally until ready (according to the packet instructions or if you’re like me, a little longer as I like them softer)
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in a pan until translucent, then add zucchini and let that sauté (add salt and pepper to taste)
- Once the onion and zucchini is soft, add your spinach until wilted for a minute or two and turn off heat.
- Once sauce mixture has cooled, add it to a food processer with your roasted pine nuts, parmesan and a good glug of olive oil.
- Start blitzing into a smooth paste to a texture of your liking and season to taste
- Strain gnocchi once it’s cooked
- Add your sauce into the empty pot with some olive oil (if needed)
- Pop the gnocchi in and combine
- Plate it up with some grated parmesan and chilli (for the adults)
Let me know if you try this recipe and tell me what you think!