Anyone drink it or cook with it? Thanks to Matcha Maiden for your amazing sweet treat idea pictured … so pretty!
I enjoy a matcha latte when I can find one at a cafe, and I find it a nice alternative to plain tea. My local in Avondale Heights Particle Cinnamon makes an amazing latte.
Matcha is finely-ground powder of specially-grown and processed green tea. The green tea plants are shade-grown in the last three weeks before harvest and the stems and veins are removed in harvesting.
- one serving of matcha tea is the nutritional equivalent to 10 cups of regularly-brewed green tea
- when drinking matcha you are ingesting 100% of the leaf and getting 100% of the leaf’s nutrients
- powdered matcha tea has 137 times more antioxidants than normal green tea
- boosts metabolism and burns calories
- calms the mind and relaxes the body
- is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
The flavour is bitter at first, vegetal in nature with a sweet after taste. If you love green tea, you’ll love matcha!
Purchase matcha from Matcha Maiden or Matcha Lab
Please share if you’ve tried matcha and what you think of it?