Anyone drink it or cook with it? Thanks to Matcha Maiden for your amazing sweet treat idea pictured … so pretty!
I enjoy a matcha latte when I can find one at a cafe, and I find it a nice alternative to plain tea. My local in Avondale Heights Particle Cinnamon makes an amazing latte.
Matcha is finely-ground powder of specially-grown and processed green tea. The green tea plants are shade-grown in the last three weeks before harvest and the stems and veins are removed in harvesting.
- one serving of matcha tea is the nutritional equivalent to 10 cups of regularly-brewed green tea
- when drinking matcha you are ingesting 100% of the leaf and getting 100% of the leaf’s nutrients
- powdered matcha tea has 137 times more antioxidants than normal green tea
- boosts metabolism and burns calories
- calms the mind and relaxes the body
- is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
The flavour is bitter at first, vegetal in nature with a sweet after taste. If you love green tea, you’ll love matcha!
Please share if you’ve tried matcha and what you think of it?