Browsing Tag

healthy food


Easy zucchini, spinach & parmesan pesto gnocchi your family will love!

If you need a delicious dinner recipe for your family, look no further than this delicious gnocchi with zucchini, spinach and parmesan pesto! With simple ingredients that you can find in your pantry and fridge, or easy to find at your local supermarket, this quick and easy pesto might be your new family favourite. Serves 4 Ingredients 2 small or 1 large zucchini 500g Gnocchi (my pick: Aldi World Kitchen) Half cup of baby spinach Half cup of freshly grated…

Continue Reading →


Pana Chocolate – a guilt free treat you must try!

Plant Based. Gluten Free. Delicious. ⁠ They’re definitely not wrong! ⁠ If you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with that chocolate craving you get at night (anyone else ??), you need to get on board with Pana Chocolate, one decadent cube at a time. Founded in Melbourne, Pana Chocolate is all about chocolate that’s full of antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Chocolate without preservatives, organic, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free. Chocolate for everyone. We just…

Continue Reading →


How to make organic chocolate rice puff cereal!

When my daughter started eating most of the same foods as us once she was around one year old, I got thinking about healthy breakfast options. I grew up on sugar laden cereals and I knew I wanted something different for her. Rice cereal, porridge, weetbix were all good options but how about something a bit more fun? So I thought of creating my own version of Coco Pops and it wasn’t that hard. Abundant Earth (a Vitaco Health brand)…

Continue Reading →


Time to give your pantry a makeover


  Thanks to  Jen Robinson from Life Wrangling for this guest post. Sometimes when we make a decision to eat healthier and to look after our bodies better, it’s the little things that can make us come unstuck. For example, walking into the pantry and seeing shelves of unhealthy food is not going to help us maintain our commitment to a healthier life. This is definitely a case where we can use out of sight, out of mind, to our…

Continue Reading →


80/20 Rule

I like to live my life by the 80/20 rule. Across everything. Food, skincare, work, family, friends, love, exercise … everything. The pursuit of perfection for me in today’s world is not achievable, so I choose to be really great at whatever it may be 80% of the time – I eat fresh veggies everyday, I use organic deodorant, I walk the stairs wherever possible, I make time for at least one friend a week, etc. The other 20%, I…

Continue Reading →


Sulphites and how they affect me.

Can certain processed and packaged food cause hay fever / asthma type symptoms? The answer is a big fat YES. It happened to me. Starting with a blocked nose which lasted about 2 years. At work, colleagues would ask if I had a cold (I didn’t), as I sounded so nasal all the time. It got worse at times with extreme bouts of hay fever symptoms, scratchy throat, blocked nose and irritability – I now know this was due to…

Continue Reading →


Bellamy’s Organic Fruit Snacks

Want to give your little ones a healthy snack with a little crunch? 👶🏻 My little Juliet likes variety – just like her mumma (and I’m guessing like most of us). Which means that breakfast and snack time which was previously just soft mushy food wasn’t cutting it once her toothie pegs showed up. I’m not big on processed foods if you haven’t noticed by now, so off I went to the supermarket and chemist shelves to search for organic…

Continue Reading →