When my young son wasn’t able to eat gluten and wheat for a period of time, I had to look for alternatives when it came to pancakes for the kids. Even though he can now eat wheat, these banana and oat mini pancakes are a weekly breakfast option at our place that the kids (and we) love!
Makes 12 mini pancakes.
- 1 Banana
- Cinnamon (light sprinkle to your taste)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Milk of choice (only if needed)
- Mash 1 banana, sprinkle cinnamon and stir through.
- Slide banana to one side of bowl and crack one egg into clear side.
- Beat the egg well and fold together with the banana.
- Pour in rolled oats and combine well. Mixture should be wet and lumpy.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add another 1/4 – 1/2 mashed banana or add a little milk of your choice and stir through.
- Set aside for 5-10 mins to let the oats soak the wet mixture through. In the meantime warm a pan on low-medium heat, and melt a knob of butter.
- Drop spoonfuls into the pan and flatten out.
- Brown on each side and serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup.
Super easy, fast & yum!
Let me know if you try this recipe in the comments!